Mussels and Shrimp Marinara
- Pour one can of tomatoes into food processor. Pulse until no large chunks remain, but not yet smooth, 6-8 one-second pulses. Pour into large bowl. Repeat with second can. Set aside.
- In large Dutch oven, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high. When shimmering, add onion, turn down to medium, and cook until onions soften, 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic, anchovy and red pepper flakes. Stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook until tomatoes lose their raw flavor, about 10 minutes.
- Add water and clam juice. Bring back to a simmer. Add spaghetti, gently pressing it down until it bends and submerges (do not break). Cook, covered, until almost done, about 12 minutes.
- Add mussels and shrimp. Stir in gently and cook, covered, until mussels open and shrimp turn pink, about 2 minutes. Add remaining oil and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until pasta is fully tender, about 1-2 minutes more.