Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Divine Delicious Delectable! Be sure to discard any opened or cracked raw mussel shells. Perfect for a romantic dinner for two. Add some lovely crusty bread to sop up the sinfully good sauce.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs mussels, cleaned
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped plus extra to garnish
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red chili pepper, to taste
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Put the mussels in a casserole dish with the wine, over high heat, and bring to a boil,cover.
- Cook for a few minutes only, until the mussels have opened, stirring frequently to ensure they are evenly cooked.
- Add remaining ingredients except butter,cook over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add butter at the last minute.
- Sprinkle with chopped Dill and serve at once.
These were a hit! I made a couple changes, thanks in part to what I couldn't find, and a boyfriend trying to "help". Sauteed up some white onion at the start with the garlic, omitted the fresh dill (couldn't find any nice stuff), and added some crumbled bacon at the end too... My boyfriend had his elbows up and I had to push my way in to get any! Made for PAC Spring '10
Great easy way to prepare mussels! I used dried parsley and omitted the dill. I increased the wine to 1 cup as I had 5 pounds of mussels, added 1/2 teaspoon of crushed chilies. Served with a nice warm crusty baguette to dip into the broth. Wonderful!!!
This was wonderful! I forgot to add the garlic, but it was still delicious. I was initially wary of the dill since I've not been a hue fan in the past, but it was really good with the mussels. One thing to keep in mind with a dish like this is to prep ALL of your ingredients before hand. Prepping everything, made the actual cooking a breeze. I will make this again.