Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Divine Delicious Delectable! Be sure to discard any opened or cracked raw mussel shells. Perfect for a romantic dinner for two. Add some lovely crusty bread to sop up the sinfully good sauce.
Top Review by Cadillacgirl
These were a hit! I made a couple changes, thanks in part to what I couldn't find, and a boyfriend trying to "help". Sauteed up some white onion at the start with the garlic, omitted the fresh dill (couldn't find any nice stuff), and added some crumbled bacon at the end too... My boyfriend had his elbows up and I had to push my way in to get any! Made for PAC Spring '10
- 2 1⁄4 lbs mussels, cleaned
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped plus extra to garnish
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red chili pepper, to taste
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the mussels in a casserole dish with the wine, over high heat, and bring to a boil,cover.
- Cook for a few minutes only, until the mussels have opened, stirring frequently to ensure they are evenly cooked.
- Add remaining ingredients except butter,cook over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add butter at the last minute.
- Sprinkle with chopped Dill and serve at once.