1/2 Photos of Mussels a La Mode De Cologne
The Flying Chef's Note:
Just another simple yet yummy way to prepare mussels.. I have listed 2 kilos in weight of mussels and this will serve 3-4 depending on whether serving as a main or appetiser and also on appetites. My hubby and I are quite piggy and can almost polish off 2kg by ourselves. I usually serve this for the three of us as a main with some hot crusty bread and it is perfect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 kg mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200 ml blonde beer
- 1 1/2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 3 teaspoons a l'ancienne mustard
- 180 ml double cream
- 125 ml light cream (can use all low fat if you wish)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 3 teaspoons cornflour, mixed with a little water
- 1In a large pan bring enough water to the boil for the mussels, add mussels, cover, cook for approx 5 Min's until mussels open, discard any that don't, Drain and set to one side. Clean pan.
- 2Heat oil in same large pan, add onion and garlic, cook until onion softens, add beer, stock, mustard, creams and herbs, stir to combine.
- 3Bring to the boil and lower heat, add cornflour and stir until sauce thickens slightly.
- 4Return mussels to the pan, stir to coat in sauce and cook until heated through.
- 5Serve with hot crusty bread to soak up the sauce.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels a La Mode De Cologne
Serving Size: 1 (668 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 968.4
- Calories from Fat 453
- Total Fat 50.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 298.0 mg
- Sodium 2008.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 82.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes