1/2 Photos of Mussels
First made for us by friends, my husband has made this at home several times since. No doubt this is rich, but we can't resist having it a couple times a month when mussels are in season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot over medium heat, place wine and 1/4 stick butter.
- 2Add the shallots, garlic, celery leaves, and parsley and simmer.
- 3Place mussels in a bamboo steamer above the pot.
- 4Cover and let the mussels steam until they are all open, 10 to 20 minutes.
- 5When all are opened, remove and discard the half of each shell without the mussel and place the half shell with the mussels in bowls.
- 6During this time, reduce the mixture in the pot by 1/2 and add the remaining butter.
- 7When the mixture is reduced by one-half or when there is just about no more liquid at the bottom of the pot, add 1/2 to 2/3 of the whipping cream to the pot.
- 8(You can add the whole pint, it's personal preference.) Let the mixture come to a boil, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 9Pour the cream sauce over the mussels and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 870.6
- Calories from Fat 569
- Total Fat 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat 36.1 g
- Cholesterol 289.0 mg
- Sodium 1034.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 43.8 g