Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ingenious creation of the Ontario restaurant, Monet's Table. I got this recipe from Bon Appetit. I made this for a dinner party appetizer; boy, are they gone quick! The sauce just melts my heart :0)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 6 jalapeno chiles, chopped with seeds
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄4 lbs mussels, scrubbed, debearded (about 40)
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix in tomatoes, then next 5 ingredients.
- Add mussels.
- Cover and steam until mussels open, about 7 minutes (discard any mussels that do not open).
- Using slotted spoon, transfer mussels to large bowl.
- Simmer sauce uncovered until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over mussels and serve.