- 1 pint fish stock
- 1⁄2 lb mussels
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 1⁄2 ounces flour
- 1 pint milk
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- To make fish stock, cover some fish heads with water, add 1 onion, 1 carrot, a pinch of mixed herbs and some peppercorns. Simmer for 30 minutes; strain.
- Cut the mussels into small pieces, cover with water and simmer 5 minutes; put through a food blender or sieve if desired.
- Melt the butter, add the flour and cook slowly for 3 minutes; add enough milk to make a thick sauce.
- Blend the mussels with the sauce and thin to the required consistency with milk and stock.
- Season and garnish with parsley.