- 30 fresh mussels (scrub and debeard)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh chili pepper
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 177.44 ml dry white wine
- 354.88 ml water
- 400 g crushed tomatoes with juice
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add chopped onion, and garlic and cook until clear.
- Add parsley and chilli and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Increase heat and add lemon juice, wine and water and bring to the boil.
- Add tomatoes.
- Bring to boil.
- Add cleaned mussels and cook covered over a moderate heat for about 5 minutes.
- Discard any mussels that have not opened.
- Remove the top shell from each mussel.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.