1 hr 15 mins
Fennel gives this salad a nice crunch and zesty flavor. Cook time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 small red potatoes (1-1/2 pounds)
- 48 fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 fennel bulb, with stalks (1-pound)
- 1/2 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons red onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 cups radicchio, torn
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered lengthwise
- 1Place potatoes in a saucepan; add water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2Steam mussels in water, covered, 10 minutes or until shells open; discard any unopened shells.
- 3Trim tough outer leaves from fennel. Dice stalks to equal 1 cup; set aside.
- 4Cut fennel bulb in half vertically; discard core. Cut each half crosswise into thin slices to measure 1/2 cup, and set aside. Reserve remaining fennel for another use.
- 5Combine vinegar, red onion, oil, salt, pepper and garlic in a large bowl, and stir well.
- 6Remove 1/4 cup dressing; set aside.
- 7Add potatoes, mussels, fennel, and tomato wedges to the bowl; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- 8Combine reserved 1/4 cup dressing and greens in a bowl; toss well.
- 9To serve, divide greens evenly among 4 salad bowls. Arrange one-fourth of mussel mixture and 2 egg quarters over each salad.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussel Salad With Fennel
Serving Size: 1 (956 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 677.3
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 147.0 mg
- Sodium 1153.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 38.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar