- 2 lbs live mussels
- 4 ounces fish sauce
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 6 -8 sprigs fresh coriander sprigs, diced
- 4 thai hot red peppers, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook mussels until they are fully opened, (3-4 minutes) and the meat is firm. Pull the mussels from shells.
- Mix fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar well, Add remaining ingredients.
- Toss mussel meats with sauce. Refrigerate for an hour before serving; serve on a bed of arugula, with a slice of tomato.