Recipe by Peter J
Something quick and different for the BBQ for all the mussel lovers out there. Preparation time does not include marination time. You could also cheat and use pre-prepared mussels.
- 12 -15 mussels (a few more to be on the safe side)
- 2 bamboo skewers
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 50 g ham, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook mussels in boiling water until they open, discard any that don't open.
- Remove meat from shells and trim beard.
- Place mussel meat with a little juice into a small bowl and cover with Worcestershire sauce.
- Leave in refrigerator around 30 minutes to marinate, lightly turning occasionally.
- Wrap each mussel with a slice of ham (just tear apart with your fingers) and thread onto the skewers.
- Place on BBQ plate or grill over low-medium temperature and pour over remaining marinade.
- Cook for a few minutes each side until ham is lightly browned.