Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Something quick and different for the BBQ for all the mussel lovers out there. Preparation time does not include marination time. You could also cheat and use pre-prepared mussels.
- Cook mussels in boiling water until they open, discard any that don't open.
- Remove meat from shells and trim beard.
- Place mussel meat with a little juice into a small bowl and cover with Worcestershire sauce.
- Leave in refrigerator around 30 minutes to marinate, lightly turning occasionally.
- Wrap each mussel with a slice of ham (just tear apart with your fingers) and thread onto the skewers.
- Place on BBQ plate or grill over low-medium temperature and pour over remaining marinade.
- Cook for a few minutes each side until ham is lightly browned.