Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another recipe from my Parents. This is SO yummy. And easy too.
- 100 g bacon
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 small capsicum, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 300 g fresh mussels, steamed open
- 425 ml boiling water
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 40 g flour
- 550 ml milk
- Cut bacon into strips, place in large microwave bowl or jug. Cook on high 2 minutes.
- Add onion, celery and capsicum. Cover and cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Add potato, water and bayleaf and cook for 6 minutes.
- Blend flour with a little milk then add the rest of the milk to the bacon and vegetable mix.
- Mix well. Cover and cook for a further 10 mins, stirring every 3 minutes.
- Add chopped mussels and cook for a final 3 minutes.
- Serve with chopped parsley.