Saw this recipe prepared by a native Thai woman. Very tasty and not overpowering. Flavors can easily be adjusted. As she indicated, there are no exact recipes in Thai cooking so adjust away. Vegetables or chicken can be easily substituted for the beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2-2 lbs beef steaks, cut into thin strips
- 1 can mussamun curry paste
- 2 -3 medium yellow onions, cut into wedges
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup water, as needed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 -4 chili peppers
- 1Heat oil in wok to moderately hot.
- 2Add beef and stir-fry until cooked.
- 3Drain beef, if necessary.
- 4Add curry paste and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- 5Add coconut milk, chili peppers, potatoes and water and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until potatoes are semi-soft.
- 7Add onions, sugar and fish sauce, stir well and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- 8Top with peanuts and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussamun Beef Curry
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 938.1
- Calories from Fat 438
- Total Fat 48.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1360.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.2 g
- Sugars 65.3 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: