Prep 12 hrs 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Muskrat Meatpie is served in pie shaped wedges. Try it with rice and greens. You'll love it. It tastes like chicken.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs muskrat
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Soak muskrat overnight in salted water with 1 tablespoon salt to 1 quart water.
- Remove meat from bones and grind.
- Mix ground meat all with other ingredients.
- Place in pie dish or other baking pan.
- Place dish in a pan containing hot water.
- Bake in oven (350 degrees F) 1.5 hours.