1/1 Photo of Musician's Tart
Kirstin in the Couv's Note:
A friend requested this for Thanksgiving this year as it is an old childhood favorite of his. I had to do some looking to find it and didn't see it here so had to share :-) It's very rich, but incredibly tasty!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 baked 9- inch tart pastry shells (pie)
- 1 cup dried pear half, coarsely chopped (4 oz)
- 1 cup pitted dates, halved
- 1/3 cup pear juice or 1/3 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2Combine all filling ingredients in medium saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute.
- 3Puree mixture in processor to thick paste (can wait til cools a bit). Cool completely.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 5NUT TOPPING.
- 6Cook first 3 ingredients in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 7Increase heat, bring to boil. Boil vigorously 1 minute.
- 8Remove from heat; mix in nuts and (pareve) cream.
- 10Spread fruit filling into bottom of cooled, baked pie/tart shell.
- 11Set tart pan on cookie sheet. Spoon nut topping over filling.
- 12Bake until filling bubbles, about 20 minutes Remove from oven and cool on rack for about 10 minutes
- 13Loosen tart pan from sides (if using pan with removable sides) but do not remove.
- 14Cool completely in pan.
- 15Can be prepared one day ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Remove pan sides; cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Musician's Tart
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.9
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 197.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: