Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend requested this for Thanksgiving this year as it is an old childhood favorite of his. I had to do some looking to find it and didn't see it here so had to share :-) It's very rich, but incredibly tasty!!!
- 1 baked 9- inch tart pastry shells (pie)
- 1 cup dried pear half, coarsely chopped (4 oz)
- 1 cup pitted dates, halved
- 1⁄3 cup pear juice or 1⁄3 cup apricot nectar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (about 2 ounce)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted whole almond (about 2 ounce)
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted whole cashews (about 2 ounce.)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon whipping cream (can use Rich's whip for pareve)
- Combine all filling ingredients in medium saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute.
- Puree mixture in processor to thick paste (can wait til cools a bit). Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- NUT TOPPING.
- Cook first 3 ingredients in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat, bring to boil. Boil vigorously 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; mix in nuts and (pareve) cream.
- Spread fruit filling into bottom of cooled, baked pie/tart shell.
- Set tart pan on cookie sheet. Spoon nut topping over filling.
- Bake until filling bubbles, about 20 minutes Remove from oven and cool on rack for about 10 minutes
- Loosen tart pan from sides (if using pan with removable sides) but do not remove.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Can be prepared one day ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Remove pan sides; cut into wedges.
You would not believe how awesome this is. I could eat it everyday!