Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe that I came up with to sell at our local festivals. And wow what a hit. Try it the kids just love it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes with juice
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (do not drain)
- Fritos corn chips
- grated cheddar cheese
- Brown beef with onions and garlic.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder, sugar, salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Add beans, juice and all.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until thick.
- Serve over Frito corn chips, rice or use for chili dogs.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese for a special treat.
Another winner! It has a sweet taste to it. Using an ice cream scoop I got 13 servings out of this recipe. I will definitely talk to the school's Music Booster Community about using this in March. Thanks for sharing Tom!
A great snack food or a main dish. My kids just love this chili.