My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 700 g floury potatoes, peeled and diced
- 400 g haddock fillets or 400 g similar white fish fillets
- 300 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon mint jelly
- 300 g of mushy peas
- 2 tablespoons plain white flour, seasoned
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 -10 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- sunflower oil, for frying
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1Cook the diced potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 12-15 minutes, until tender.
- 2Place the fish in a saute and pour over the milk. Cover, bring to the boil and then remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes or, until cooked through.
- 3Drain the diced potatoes well and return to the pan. Add the mint jelly and some salt and pepper and mash together. Remove the fish from the pan and drain it well, discarding the milk. Flake the fish into the potatoes. Add the mushy peas and stir together. Shape and the mixture into four firm, even sized cakes.
- 4Dust the fishcakes lightly with the seasoned flour. Put the beaten egg into a shallow bowl and spread the breadcrumbs on a plate. Then dip the fishcakes into the beaten egg and then into the breadcrumbs.
- 5Heat a little sunflower oil in a frying pan and gently cook the fishcakes for 2 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper. The fishcakes may have to be cooked in two batches.
- 6Cut the lemon into wedges. Squeeze a little lemon juice into the mayonnaise. Serve with a dollop of the lemon mayo and a lemon wedge on the side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushy Pea Fishcakes
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.2
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 122.9 mg
- Sodium 422.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 34.4 g