Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Arborio rice is another term for Risotto. Whatever you grocer carries will work.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (choipped)
- 1 1⁄4 cups arborio rice (or Risotto)
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons thyme (fresh, chopped})
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large oven proof skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add mushrooms & onions, cook about 5 minute.
- Stir in rice; cook until lightly toasted, about 2 minute Strir in broth, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover skillet, place in oven; bake 45 minute Cook until rice is almost done.
- Remove skillet stir in Parmesan Cheese and Thyme, season with salt and pepper if neessary. Seve.
This is a really easy to make and delicious risotto! I loved the mushrooms....just love them in anything! I used chicken stock instead of broth to make it richer, and added just a bit more in the last few minutes of cooking because I like mine a bit moist. I only added a sprinkle of salt, because of the salt in the parmesan. Wonderful side to chicken or pork! Thanks for sharing!