Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
It doesn't get much simpler. Use as part of a tapas spread or as a salad. Be sure to let the salad marinate for at least an hour or two, as it takes a little time for the flavors to meld. From Joyce Goldstein's "The Mediterranean Kitchen", 1989. There is no substitute for the sherry vinegar, and it should be of good quality.
- 3 cups fresh white mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 cup mild olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Toss all ingredients together and let marinate for an hour or two.