Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 16 mins
In '1,000 Mexican Recipes' by Marge Poore
Make and share this Mushrooms With Melted Cheese (Hongos Con Queso) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, and cook the onion until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms, epazote, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring, until all the moisture has evaporated, 3-4 minutes.
- Grease a shallow ovenproof earthenware plate or gratin dish, then transfer the mushrooms to the plate.
- Spread the cheese on top and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 6-8 minutes.
- Serve at once with the chips.