Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A sauce for over chicken and steak
- 3 -10 serrano chilies
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 8 tomatillos
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- Mince one garlic clove and cook with onions in the oil until transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and chilies and stir well.
- Cook until the chilies are slightly browned and mushrooms are golden.
- In blender liquify the tomatillos [cut in halves] with 2 cloves garlic and cumin. Add the liquid to the mushrooms and cook over low heat for 20 minutes Add salt to taste.