- 3 slices firm white bread, crust discarded and bread cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb small white mushroom
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toast bread cubes in a shallow baking pan for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Melt butter with garlic, salt, and pepper. Put mushrooms in an 8-inch square baking dish and toss with garlic butter. Bake, stirring every so often, until mushrooms are soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, toss mushrooms with parsley and croutons.