Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple dish full of flavour. Serve with crusty bread to mop up the garlicky buttery juices..
- 500 g mushrooms
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 175 g butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 7/425F/220°C.
- Prepare the mushrooms by simply wiping them with a kitchen towel, then pull off the stalks but don't discard them.
- In a small bowl, add in the crushed garlic, butter and stir in the chopped parsley, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper and give it a good stir.
- Arrange the mushrooms, skin side down, in a roasting tin with the stalks arranged amongst them.
- Spoon a little of the garlic-butter mixture into each cap and spread the remaining mixture over the stalks as well.
- Place the dish on the top shelf of the pre-heated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the butter is sizzling and the mushrooms look slightly roasted.
- Serve straight from the oven.
Just made these for myself, as a mushroom treat on a very cold day in January. I adore mushrooms, and cooked even better! These roasted out beautifully, and were just so darn tasty, I wish I had made more then one serving. Stupid, huh? I increased the parsley (1 1/2 teaspoons) and used fresh garlic (a small clove - minced). I also chopped the stems and mixed them right into the parsley butter, and used some lemon-pepper seasoning in place of the lemon, as I didn't have any, except a little bit. Beautiful and so good, you need to make more then I did. Will make these again, soon!
DH liked them. I found the flavor of lemon too strong in these but I did leave them to sit for an hour or so before baking. I'd give these 3 1/2 stars if I could
I just LOVE mushrooms and stuffed mushrooms are even better! These were so good and flavorful! Delish! Thanks for sharing.