Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These mouth-watering mushrooms are great served hot with pork or chicken, or cold as a tasty appetizer.
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, halved if large
- 1 lemon, juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped (optional)
- salt and black pepper
- Brush the mushrooms with a little lemon juice.
- Heat a film of oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over low heat. Add the coriander seeds and fry for a few seconds, taking care they do not burn.
- Add the mushrooms and bay leaves, and season with salt and pepper. Raise the heat and fry for 1 minute. Then cover the pan and cook for another 2-5 minutes, but no longer. Add the tomatoes, if desired.
- Pour the mushrooms with their cooking juices into a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with fresh olive oil and lemon juice to taste. Serve hot or cold.