Recipe by Derf
Simple smoky tasting mushrooms,Mmmmmmmmmm!!! sooo goood!! from Mexican, a healthy way with a favourite cusine.
Top Review by Miss Annie
This little recipe ranks with the "best of the best" recipes using the marvelous chipotle peppers. They give the mushrooms a wonderful earthy, smokey flavor without diminishing the mushrooms. The last layer of cilantro rounded out the dish. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
- 2 chipotle chiles
- 6 cups button mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the dried chillies in a bowl of hot water for about 10 minutes until they are softened.
- Drain, cut off stalks, then slit the chillies and scrape out the seeds.
- Chop the flesh finely.
- Trim the mushrooms, then clean them with a damp cloth or kitchen paper.
- If they are large, cut them in half.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion, garlic, chillies and mushrooms and stir until evenly coated in the oil.
- Fry for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion and mushrooms are tender.
- Season to taste and spoon into a serving dish.
- Chop some of the coriander, leaving some whole leaves and use to garnish.
- Serve hot.