Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Saw this luscious recipe in the newspaper this week. It's attributed to the "15 Minute Low-Carb Recipes" cookbook.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 2⁄3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup diced sun-dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook bacon in a heavy skillet over medium high heat until crisp.
- Add mushrooms and cook until softened.
- Add garlic, cook 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cream and cook until cream is absorbed.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, stir and cook 1 minute.
Oh wow, a perfect side dish for a dinner of barbecued steak, baked potatoes and a green salad. Didn't have cream on hand, so substituted sour cream which worked very well. Also added two finely chopped spring/green onions and a squeeze of lime juice. We love mushrooms and I will make this often. Thanks so much for posting.