Recipe by Yami Zuma
These are so tasty it's ridiculous! Sweet with a touch of smokiness from the bacon. So good. Great accompaniment to BBQ steak.
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 slices bacon, partially cooked and diced
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine, sweet
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-stick skillet, melt ghee over medium-high heat.
- Saute onions and garlic until onion is clear and starting to caramelize.
- Add bacon and cook through.
- Add mushrooms, and saute until the oils in the pan have mostly been absorbed and the mushrooms start to give off moisture.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on medium to high heat until virtually all of the liquid has boiled off.
- Reduce heat to low and saute for another 5 minutes.