Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Appetizer of mushrooms stuffed with spinach, walnuts, and cheese.
- 12 medium mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet butter
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 ounce feta cheese
- 1 ounce gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- salt and pepper
- Wipe mushroom caps with damp cloth and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter together in a small skillet. Add onion and cook over medium heat, covered, until tender and lightly colored.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add walnuts and garlic to onion and cook for another minute. Add spinach (defrosted and squeezed dry) and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in crumbled cheeses, dill, and salt and pepper.
- Arrange mushrooms, cavity side up, in a baking dish. Divide spinach mixture among them.
- Set baking dish in upper third of oven. Bake 8-10 minutes, until filling is browned and mushrooms are heated through. Serve immediately.