Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Dicing the cheese allows for little melted pockets in the filling.
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 40 medium button mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat Oven to 400.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add minced shallots and minced garlic; saute 2 minutes or until tender. Place shallot mixture in a medium bowl.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; chop stems. Add Chopped mushroom stems, breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and smoked cheddar cheese to shallot mixture; toss with a fork until blended. Add olive oil and 1 tsp water; stir well to combine.
- Spoon about 1 tsp filling into each mushroom cap. Arrange mushrooms, filling side up, on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until filling begins to brown and cheese melts. Serve warm.