Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Vegetarian.
- 12 large mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup orzo pasta, cooked
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop coarsely. Reserve caps.
- Spray medium skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Saute mushroom stems 2-3 minutes. Add shallots, garlic and herbs.
- Saute until shallots are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in orzo and cheese; cook until orzo is warm; 1-2 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350. Spoon orzo into mushroom caps and place in a baking pan.
- Bake, covered for 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes.