Top Review by Sandi (From CA)
I deviated somewhat from this recipe based on what I had on hand, omitting the scallions and the garlic croutons - I just added 1 tsp. garlic powder, which worked beautifully. Also skipped the butter-basting which wasn't in the list of ingredients when I made these. I baked them for about 10 minutes on 350 and broiled for about 4 minutes until deep brown. I have one thing to say: YUM! Ok, one more thing: Thank you SO much for a great recipe, Secret!
- 1 lb medium to large mushroom
- 8 ounces feta cheese, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup garlic crouton, crushed into crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and remove stems of mushrooms and baste mushrooms with melted butter.
- Combine all ingredients except for the mushrooms and stir until mixture is well blended.
- Fill the mushrooms with the mixture, mounding the mixture high into the caps.
- Bake in a 350 F oven until hot.
- Then broil for a few seconds until lightly browned.