Recipe by Andtototoo!
There are several mushroom recipes on this site that are stuffed with Italian sausage. Here is my own version which is slightly different from the rest, and very delicious!
Top Review by Jenn Da Bean
These little shrooms were too yummy! I used regular onion and some garlic instead of the green onions. I was out, didn't want to run to the store. I found that adding some Worcestershire sauce in the stuffing mixture made it just right. I aslo chopped up the stems and cooked them with the onion and sausage. They were perfect paired with grilled ribeyes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh large mushrooms
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and diced
- 1 -3 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan crumble and cook the sausage until well browned.
- Stir in the sliced onions and then add the cream cheese and cook, stirring frequently, until the cream cheese has melted.
- Add milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Set aside.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Fill the mushrooms with the sausage stuffing.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet, 350F for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve at once.