Not your normal stuffed mushrooms! I also add 1 cup of wine to the pan after the mushrooms are in it to steam them while baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked barley
- 5 finely chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- fresh basil, chopped,for garnish
- 1Clean mushrooms with damp paper towel.
- 2Remove mushroom stems; finely chop stems and set aside.
- 3Sauté mushroom caps in butter and oil in skillet until almost tender; drain on paper towels.
- 4Sauté mushroom stems, onions, and red pepper in skillet.
- 5Add cream; bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and add cheese; cook until melted.
- 7Stir in barley, basil, sundried tomatoes and pepper; cook until thoroughly heated.
- 8Spoon barley mixture into mushroom caps.
- 9Place mushroom caps in greased shallow baking pan.
- 10Cover and bake at 350 degrees 10 minutes or until tender.
- 11Drain on paper towels.
- 12Garnish stuffed mushrooms with basil.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms stuffed with Barley and Blue cheese
Serving Size: 1 (978 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.7
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 49.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g