Prep 20 mins
Cook 32 mins
These make a nice appetizer or and nice side dish. Points 1.
- 20 large button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small leek, white part only, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 red apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Chop stems and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix soy sauce, 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar.
- Add mushroom caps.
- Using hands or large spoon, coat each mushroom with mixture and place on a lightly sprayed baking sheet.
- Set aside.
- In skillet over medium heat, add remaining oil and sauté mushroom stems, leek, celery, apple, parsley, oregano, basil and salt and pepper, to taste, for 7 minutes.
- Add butter and bread crumbs.
- Stir to combine and melt butter.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Add Parmesan and vegetable stock.
- Stuff each mushroom with a slightly rounded tablespoon of filling.
- Brush remaining balsamic vinegar over top of each mushroom.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
Great, I probably would have the celery. (just personal preference) Will make again but probably not as a side dish. I think it would work better as an appetizer. Leanne