These make a nice appetizer or and nice side dish. Points 1.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 large button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small leek, white part only, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 red apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Remove stems from mushrooms.
- 3Chop stems and set aside.
- 4In large bowl, mix soy sauce, 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar.
- 5Add mushroom caps.
- 6Using hands or large spoon, coat each mushroom with mixture and place on a lightly sprayed baking sheet.
- 7Set aside.
- 8In skillet over medium heat, add remaining oil and sauté mushroom stems, leek, celery, apple, parsley, oregano, basil and salt and pepper, to taste, for 7 minutes.
- 9Add butter and bread crumbs.
- 10Stir to combine and melt butter.
- 11Transfer to bowl.
- 12Add Parmesan and vegetable stock.
- 13Stuff each mushroom with a slightly rounded tablespoon of filling.
- 14Brush remaining balsamic vinegar over top of each mushroom.
- 15Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms Stuffed With Apples and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 188.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: