Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
In '1,000 Vegetarian Recipes' by Carol Gelles
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 6 medium portabella mushrooms (5-6 inches diameter, 1 1/4 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, yogurt, mustard, dill, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Slice the mushrooms into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over med-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring, until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the flour until absorbed.
- Stir in the broth to deglaze the pan.
- Cook, stirring, until broth boils.
- Stir in the sour cream mixture.
- Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute longer.
- Taste and adjust seasoning; serve over rice or broad noodles.