Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
My first "Mushroom Monday Challenge" breakfast recipe. Quick and easy to prepare, this recipe will give you an energy boost to start the day. Protein from the eggs, and B Vitamins from the mushrooms will keep you going all the way to lunch. Makes a great diet friendly breakfast.
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 4-5 medium white mushrooms or 4-5 medium cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large egg
- 14.79 ml milk
- 14.79 ml water
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 28.34 g cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium-high heat for about 30 seconds. If you are using a pan that is not non-stick you may wish to add more oil to prevent mushrooms from sticking.
- Add mushrooms to hot oil, and saute for 3-4 minutes until brown. For crispy mushrooms, saute an additional minute.
- Remove mushrooms from pan, set aside.
- Beat egg with milk and water. Add to the same pan used to saute the mushrooms. Cook until eggs are scrambled, light, and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- While the eggs cook, place bread in toaster and toast.
- Place toast on plate, top with sauteed mushrooms, scrambled eggs and cheese, if desired. Serve hot.