1/1 Photo of Mushrooms & Scrambled Eggs on Toast
My first "Mushroom Monday Challenge" breakfast recipe. Quick and easy to prepare, this recipe will give you an energy boost to start the day. Protein from the eggs, and B Vitamins from the mushrooms will keep you going all the way to lunch. Makes a great diet friendly breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in pan on medium-high heat for about 30 seconds. If you are using a pan that is not non-stick you may wish to add more oil to prevent mushrooms from sticking.
- 2Add mushrooms to hot oil, and saute for 3-4 minutes until brown. For crispy mushrooms, saute an additional minute.
- 3Remove mushrooms from pan, set aside.
- 4Beat egg with milk and water. Add to the same pan used to saute the mushrooms. Cook until eggs are scrambled, light, and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 5While the eggs cook, place bread in toaster and toast.
- 6Place toast on plate, top with sauteed mushrooms, scrambled eggs and cheese, if desired. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms & Scrambled Eggs on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.6
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 231.7 mg
- Sodium 502.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 17.3 g