Recipe by BrittanyS
My first "Mushroom Monday Challenge" breakfast recipe. Quick and easy to prepare, this recipe will give you an energy boost to start the day. Protein from the eggs, and B Vitamins from the mushrooms will keep you going all the way to lunch. Makes a great diet friendly breakfast.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 -5 medium white mushrooms or 4 -5 medium cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 ounce cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium-high heat for about 30 seconds. If you are using a pan that is not non-stick you may wish to add more oil to prevent mushrooms from sticking.
- Add mushrooms to hot oil, and saute for 3-4 minutes until brown. For crispy mushrooms, saute an additional minute.
- Remove mushrooms from pan, set aside.
- Beat egg with milk and water. Add to the same pan used to saute the mushrooms. Cook until eggs are scrambled, light, and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- While the eggs cook, place bread in toaster and toast.
- Place toast on plate, top with sauteed mushrooms, scrambled eggs and cheese, if desired. Serve hot.