Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Niceside dish for chicken, steak or fish
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 sweet green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (if you don't like hot remove seeds & membran)
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, cleaned
- Simmer the garlic, onion& oregano in the wine for 5 minutes.
- Add peppers (green& jalapeno) simmer 2 minutes, sti.
- Add tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and simmer until the sauce has thickened and the mushrooms are cooked.
I made this for dinner last night, I doubled the recipe and added 1 small hot pepper. I served it with bbq'ed chicken breasts and baked potatoes. Thanks so much, this will be made often.
Wonderful use of mushrooms, very delicious! Just made half a recipe. A lovely combinatin of veggies to compliment the mushrooms. The touch of red wine added a wonderful flavour. My mushrooms were bigger than button so I cut them into quarters, worked out very well. I will be making these again, thanks for posting Bergy!!
This hit the spot! I was looking for something to do with my close-to-being-bad mushrooms and am so glad I happened upon this recipe! Yum!