- 4 large flat mushrooms
- 50 g butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- flat leaf parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- lemon juice
- 2 slices bread, thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Wipe any dirt from the mushrooms and, if you want, slice them into three or four thick pieces.
- Heat half the butter and oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Lay out the mushrooms and then turn immediately, so both sides are saturated with the buttery oil.
- Lower the heat and leave to cook, turning occasionally, for about eight minutes until completely cooked and dark in colour.
- Near the end of the cooking, scatter the garlic over the mushrooms and toss the mushrooms around in the pan so the garlic cooks.
- Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and toss for a final time.
- Turn off the heat.
- Toast the bread, butter one side and pile the mushrooms on top.