Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A must have recipe for all mushroom lovers. It makes a nice main or side dish. Very simple and delicious.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
- cooked rice
- Saute onion in butter until browned.
- Dissolve bouillon in water, set aside.
- Add flour to onions slowly, stirring constantly.
- Pour in bouillon and water, still stirring.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cover and simmer on low until mushrooms reach desired tenderness.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove cover, add walnuts, and cook on medium high to thicken slightly.
- Serve over rice.
This was a great change and made a nice side dish.
This was a quick, simple, delicious vegetarian dish. Very warm and comforting on a cold night. Thanks for the recipe!
This is just a nice simple easy to do meal. I had to add some garlic and hot sauce though. Was great over rice flavoured with cardomom and cumin.