Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My grandparents and father would have loved these. "A Rommanian Cookbook" is where I found this, written in broken English and with torn pages. Looks very interesting, simple, and good! Instructions were sketchy and have tried not to change them but just make them clearer. Not breakfast french toast!
- 2 lbs button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 French baguette (1/2 inch - 3/4-inch slices)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 -2 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (This is an estimated guess).
- MUSHROOM MIXTURE:.
- Rub mushrooms clean.
- Chop mushrooms.
- Melt butter in pan and sauté them with dill.
- When ready, about 10 minutes, add salt and remove from heat.
- Slice baguette.
- Mix other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Wet bread in mixture and then place a thick layer of mushrooms on top; smooth with a knife.
- Place on baking sheet or dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Then bake "pancakes" for 10 minutes.