Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This works well with my herby tomatoes and some new potatoes.
Make and share this Mushrooms on a Cashew Crust recipe from Food.com.
For the Cashew crust
- 15 g unsalted cashews
- 15 g ground almonds
- 25 g white breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15 g butter, melted
For the Mushroom sauce
- 15 g butter
- 50 g leeks, white only shredded
- 175 g chopped mixed mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brandy
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cream sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegemite, in
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- 75 ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
For the parmesan topping
- 15 g white breadcrumbs
- 15 g butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 200C/400°F.
- To make the Cashew crust place all dry ingredients in a food processor and blend until fine. Add melted butter and process for another 10 seconds. Season if desired.
- Use two baking rings or clean tin cans as moulds. Divide the mixture in two and press into the rings. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside, leaving in moulds.
- To make the mushroom sauce, melt the butter and fry the leek until tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes
- Sprinkle over flour and cook for one minute.
- Remove from heat and add all the liquids. Bring to boil and simmer while stirring for 2 minutes
- Remove the mushrooms and leeks with a slotted spoons and place in the tins with the cashew crust. Retain the juices.
- To make the parmesan topping blitz together the breadcrumbs and butter for 5 seconds. Stir in cheese.
- Sprinkle the topping over the mushrooms and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully lift the tins onto your serving plate and remove the can. Serve with the reheated juices.