I got this from the Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cooking. Tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup hot medium cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon white grape juice or 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- ground nutmeg
- 1Wipe mushrooms with damp cloth; remove stems.
- 2Melt butter in pan; add mushrooms, celery, onion juice, and paprika.
- 3Cover; simmer until mushrooms are tender.
- 4Stir in flour.
- 5Add cream; cook for a moment more.
- 6Add orange juice, rind, and grape juice.
- 7Season to taste with salt, pepper, cayenne, and nutmeg.
- 8Serve in individual dishes, on toast, or in croustades.
- 9Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms Newburg
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.9
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 89.2 mg
- Sodium 105.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: