Recipe by Sharon123
I got this from the Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cooking. Tasty!
Top Review by chia
i made this into a full meal by adding shrimp, and served this over rice. i think it would have been a bit better without the citrus. i did use sherry. this made a quick dinner for 4, served over rice
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup hot medium cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon white grape juice or 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Wipe mushrooms with damp cloth; remove stems.
- Melt butter in pan; add mushrooms, celery, onion juice, and paprika.
- Cover; simmer until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Add cream; cook for a moment more.
- Add orange juice, rind, and grape juice.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, cayenne, and nutmeg.
- Serve in individual dishes, on toast, or in croustades.
- Makes 4 servings.