Recipe by BonnieZ
This recipe is a nice accompaniment to a roast or poultry, or a simple vegetarian first course. For a lighter version, nonfat sour cream can be used with good results, still being creamy and satisfying. It was adapted from a recipe I clipped from a womens magazine years ago.
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (fat free or low fat is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (the real stuff)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together the flour, sour cream and pepper, and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, saute garlic and shallots in olive oil 2-3 minutes until soft but not brown.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and saute stirring occasionally about 5-10 minutes until the mushrooms have given up their liquid.
- Add the sour cream mixture and just heat through until bubbly.
- Turn this mixture into a shallow baking dish or pie plate.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and then the parsley.
- Bake in a 425F oven about ten minutes, or until the parmesan is melted and the mixture is bubbly.