This recipe is a nice accompaniment to a roast or poultry, or a simple vegetarian first course. For a lighter version, nonfat sour cream can be used with good results, still being creamy and satisfying. It was adapted from a recipe I clipped from a womens magazine years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream (fat free or low fat is fine)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (the real stuff)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Blend together the flour, sour cream and pepper, and set aside.
- 2In a large saute pan, saute garlic and shallots in olive oil 2-3 minutes until soft but not brown.
- 3Add the sliced mushrooms and saute stirring occasionally about 5-10 minutes until the mushrooms have given up their liquid.
- 4Add the sour cream mixture and just heat through until bubbly.
- 5Turn this mixture into a shallow baking dish or pie plate.
- 6Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and then the parsley.
- 7Bake in a 425F oven about ten minutes, or until the parmesan is melted and the mixture is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms Monterey
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.5
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 17.3 mg
- Sodium 148.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g