Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Mushrooms with red wine! Ah! What a feast,indeed!
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, fnely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 300 ml red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 450 g button mushrooms
- 550 g tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- pepper, ground (to taste)
- parsley (as required)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- Heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Then add the onions and garlic.
- Saute till they turn golden brown.
- Next add the corriander seeds, wine and tomato puree.
- Stir well.
- After this, add the button mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper for taste.
- Remove once the mushrooms become soft.
- Remove from heat, cool and chill for several hours before serving.
Using the basic concept of this recipe as a starting point, this could certainly become the base for a variety of stews and cold pasta dishes.