Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are very tasty,and one of my favorite things to have at a buffet party. They are also very easy to prepare.
- 1 lb button mushroom (small size is best)
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup red wine (any type)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the mushrooms to clean thoroughly, and place on paper towels to dry.
- Set aside.
- Cut the butter into small chunks, and place in a saucepan with the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and stir until the butter has melted and everything has blended.
- Add the mushrooms whole and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Remove to a serving dish with a slotted spoon.
These were wonderful. My husband loved them. It does not need salt. You can even add more mushrooms than it calls for. I used unsalted butter and I'm glad I did. Great for an appetizer party. This has not been reviewed for 6 years shame on you people try some new recipes. :)