1/2 Photos of Mushrooms in Spanish Sherry
I made up this recipe when I was over at Mom's house one evening preparing dinner. She didn't have any white wine so I raided the liquor cabinet and found an old, unopened bottle of Spanish cream sherry (jerez). The sweetness of the sherry was a nice balance with the meatiness of the mushrooms.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a skillet to medium-high and add the olive oil and butter being careful not to burn.
- 2Add the mushrooms and sautè for about 5 minutes.
- 3Gently stir to distribute the olive oil/butter evenly over the mushrooms.(It may be necessary to add a bit more olive oil at this point because the mushrooms tend to soak up the oil rather quickly.).
- 4Add minced garlic and cook another minute.
- 5Next add the cream sherry and cook down mushrooms until softened but not slimy; about 2-3 minutes.
- 6Season mushrooms with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley leaves.
- 7Serve as an appetizer, a side dish or over pasta.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms in Spanish Sherry
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.2
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 24.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g