Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
I made up this recipe when I was over at Mom's house one evening preparing dinner. She didn't have any white wine so I raided the liquor cabinet and found an old, unopened bottle of Spanish cream sherry (jerez). The sweetness of the sherry was a nice balance with the meatiness of the mushrooms.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs brown cremini mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup spanish cream sherry (NOT cooking sherry)
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh Italian parsley
- Heat a skillet to medium-high and add the olive oil and butter being careful not to burn.
- Add the mushrooms and sautè for about 5 minutes.
- Gently stir to distribute the olive oil/butter evenly over the mushrooms.(It may be necessary to add a bit more olive oil at this point because the mushrooms tend to soak up the oil rather quickly.).
- Add minced garlic and cook another minute.
- Next add the cream sherry and cook down mushrooms until softened but not slimy; about 2-3 minutes.
- Season mushrooms with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley leaves.
- Serve as an appetizer, a side dish or over pasta.
Love mushrooms with sherry. I did add fresh sliced shittake mushrooms and fresh thyme. Thanks!
This is delicious! And so easy to put together. I served them over some fresh pasta as a side to pork. Love the nuttiness the sherry gives the mushrooms. Made for ZWT8.
DEElicious... I used baby bellas and they were yummy. These mushrooms would be awesome on top of big juicy steak. We will be having these often because we love mushrooms and these are great.